Level: Form II (4th–6th grades)
Students in the Medieval & Early Modern History class will build beautiful keepsake Record of Time notebook binders and follow the narrative of history through The Story of the World, Volumes 2 & 3. They will read, narrate, and discuss passages from Story of the World and possibly other living history texts. In addition, students may work on developing outlining skills as they build their timeline of world history with illustrations and notes. There may be some at-home reading assignments given so that the students will be able to complete the time period under study by the end of the academic year.
Bluebonnet Scholars offers history on a rotating three-year cycle with studies synchronized across Forms 1 through 4 (grades K through 12th) so that all students are studying the same time period together. Spine texts for Form 2 (grades 4–6) History are included below:
- Cycle Year 1: Ancient through Early Medieval History (creation to c. 860 AD)—The Story of the World, all of Vol. 1 & part of Vol. 2
- Cycle Year 2: Medieval through Early Modern History (c. 860 AD to 1797)—The Story of the World, part of Vol. 2 & part of Vol. 3
- Cycle Year 3: Modern History (c. 1797 to today)—The Story of the World, part of Vol. 3 & all of Vol. 4
Supplies fee $20—covers the cost of BHSC-purchased student materials including teaching/classroom resources.
- Record of Time Timeline Notebook with blank timeline pages—Note: Returning students will use the same binder as in previous terms.
- Composition notebook
- Three-ring binder with lined paper, pencils, colored pencils, and erasers in a pencil pouch.
Optional (parents may wish to have a copy for at-home use):