Modern History studies will involve both reading primary history sources and also building a keepsake timeline book with illustrated timeline figures which students can color and personalize. There will be short research/writing assignments each month, and students who want to round out their history study for a full year of high school credit can tackle further suggested research and writing assignments.
Bluebonnet Scholars offers history on a rotating three-year cycle with studies synchronized across Forms 1 through 4 (grades K through 12th) so that all students are studying the same time period together:
- Cycle Year 1: Ancient through Early Medieval History
- Cycle Year 2: Medieval through Early Modern History
- Cycle Year 3: Modern History
For 2022-2023, this course will alternate every other week with Geography.
Families purchase the following required supplies for 2022–23:
- Record of Time Timeline Notebook
- Composition book
- Three-ring binder with lined paper, pencils, colored pencils, and erasers in a pencil pouch
Other books & supplies needed TBD.