Level: Form IV (10th–12th grades)
In Algebra II, students will broaden their knowledge of quadratic functions, exponential functions, and systems of equations. In the class textbook, algebra and trigonometry are presented as a study of special classes of functions. In the process, relationships betwen theory and real-world applications are thoroughly explored, bringing the material to life. To continue kindling wonder and creative thinking, Mrs. Panam will supplement the traditional textbook approach with additional challenge problems drawn from sources such as The Art of Problem Solving curriculum.
$5 supplies fee covers the cost of BHSC-purchased teacher materials/classroom resources.
Families should purchase the following supplies:
- Foerster’s Algebra and Trigonometry: Functions and Applications (Prentice Hall Classics) textbook (ISBN 9780131657106)—New or used is fine, but it must be the correct ISBN.
- Pencils & Erasers in a pouch
- 1 black/blue and 1 red non-erasable pen
- 1 ruler (a small one is fine)
- A few color pencils or colored erasable pens (3 colors other than black)
- Graphing Calculator*
- A three-ring binder with lined/graph paper and dividers—or—a notebook (graphing or lined) with a 1.5″ binder (with lined/graph paper and dividers)
*Since graphing calculators are allowed and recommended for most standardized tests, it is advisable to invest in one. It is important for students to feel comfortable using one, especially on a timed exam. Recommended calculators can be found on the college board site here. Mrs. Panam prefers TI-89 and up (with CAS).