Level: Form IV (10th–12th grades)
In Algebra II, students will broaden their knowledge of quadratic functions, exponential functions, and systems of equations. To continue kindling wonder and creative thinking, Mrs. Panam will supplement the traditional textbook approach with additional challenge problems drawn from sources such as The Art of Problem Solving curriculum.
Families should purchase the following supplies:
- Glencoe Algebra II textbook, ISBN-10: 0078952654, ISBN-13: 978-0078952654
- Homework packet, to be ordered by & purchased from BHSC ($46—to be billed to parent portal accounts in August.)
- Pencils & Erasers in a pouch
- 1 black/blue and 1 red non-erasable pen
- 1 ruler (a small one is fine)
- A few color pencils or colored erasable pens (3 colors other than black)
- Graphing Calculator*
- A three-ring binder with lined/graph paper and dividers—or—a notebook (graphing or lined) with a 1.5″ binder (with lined/graph paper and dividers)
*Since graphing calculators are allowed and recommended for most standardized tests, it is advisable to invest in one. It is important for students to feel comfortable using one, especially on a timed exam. Recommended calculators can be found on the college board site here. Mrs. Panam prefers TI-89 and up (with CAS).