Subject(s): Art/Art Appreciation
Exploring different mediums, students will learn various advanced techniques while focusing on design, color theory, and composition. Techniques presented in this course include various drawing and painting processes. Depending on time and interest, more techniques may be covered in this course. Students will present their work to the class and describe their inspiration behind their work. The main objectives of this course are to help students develop their eye for beauty and understanding of the principles of visual communication while engaging in a variety mediums, and to further develop the skills they may already have with familiar mediums.
Families purchase the following required supplies:
(Both Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Canson XL Mix Media Spiral Sketch Pad XL (size 11” X 14” containing 60 sheets)
- Pencils (2B pencil and 6B pencil), eraser, and hand-held pencil sharpener in a pencil pouch or container.
- 1 Pack of Colored Pencils (any brand containing either 12 or 24 colored pencils)
- 12” plastic ruler
The following painting supplies should be brought to class during spring semester:
- Watercolor Kit Prang Oval 16 (If student is already in Nature Journaling, they may use the same kit).
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic Set, 6 pieces, 22 ML tubes, AP (containing red, yellow, blue, green, black, and white)
- Pack of brushes containing an assortment of synthetic flat and round brushes with short handles (I recommend Artist’s Loft brushes and to purchase a pack containing approximately 5 or 10 brushes)