Level: Form III (7th–9th grades)
Subject(s): Science/Nature Study
This Earth Science course is designed to draw middle-school students into close engagement with the subject matter and provide a solid education while fostering a sense of wonder and responsibility for God’s amazing world. Within the context of the fascinating study of landforms, minerals, and planetary phenomena, many other timely and important topics are covered including conservation of natural resources, climate change, pollution, environmental justice, with the current scientific consensus concerning geologic history.
Author Kevin Nelstead regularly draws the reader to appreciate the intricacy and excellence of God’s works, tying in scripture without becoming heavy-handed.
This class is offered on a rotating basis rather than every year. It will not be offered in the 2021–22 school year.
Supplies fee TBD (covers the cost of BHSC-purchased teacher materials, classroom resources, and lab supplies)
Families purchase the following required supplies:
- Novare Earth Science textbook
- One 3-ring binder + lined paper
- Pencils and erasers in a pencil pouch
- Graph paper (preferably 5 squares per inch, preferably a bound notebook)
- Lab goggles (such as these)—Goggles must fit up against the skin all the way around the eyes, and vented goggles are recommended.
- Disposable plastic gloves