Level: Form II (4th–6th grades)
Students are introduced to basic Latin vocabulary and culture as they follow the adventures of Minimus the mouse throughout the texts. In the Minimus: Starting Out in Latin text, students will meet Minimus and an actual Roman family who lived in Vindolanda in ancient Britain. We will explore Roman culture, history, mythology, and other aspects of Roman life while learning the fundamentals of Latin grammar.
Families purchase the student books and following materials:
- Minimus: Starting out in Latin book 1 in fall semester;
- Minimus Secundus book 2 in the spring semester.
- Minimus Audio CD Level 1 for the fall semester;
- Minimus Secundus Audio CD for the spring semester
- Three-ring binder with lined paper, pencils, colored pencils, and erasers in a pencil pouch.
Families will supplement at home by listening to the audio files, and students will complete brief assignments independently during the week in order to reinforce skills taught in class.