Level: Form II (4th–6th grades)
Using interactive and conversation-driven learning, this course will lay the foundation for learning to speak Spanish fluently. Students will work through Spanish for You!, a theme-based curriculum that engages students through a variety of activities and techniques for both new and experienced students together in the same class: “Students learn how the language works so they become language users. They learn vocabulary, verb conjugation, and grammar concepts as language components to be put together in different ways to understand, speak, read, and write in everyday life.”
In order to gain mastery and grow toward fluency, students will be expected to complete some work outside of class each week such as playing Spanish games online, listening to Spanish songs and passages, and completing some light coursework.
$18 supplies fee covers the cost of teacher materials and classroom learning resources.
Families purchase the following required supplies:
- Spanish for You! Conversaciones Grade 5–6 Homeschool Co-Op Student Package with Textbook & Digital Downloads
- Spanish for You! Conversaciones Grade 5–6 Workbook (The printed workbook is required.)
- Spanish for You! Conversaciones Grade 5–6 Workbook Answer Key
- Recommended: Spanish for You! Conversaciones Song and Lyric Set
- Three-ring binder with lined paper, pencils, colored pencils, scissors, and erasers in a pencil pouch.