Level: Form I (K–3rd grades)
Using interactive and conversation-driven learning, this course will lay the foundation for learning to speak Spanish fluently. Students in kindergarten through 3rd grade will enjoy a multi-sensory approach to learning as they sing, make art, and converse. In order to gain mastery and grow toward fluency, students will be expected to complete some work outside of class each week such as playing Spanish games, listening to Spanish songs and passages, and completing some light coursework. As an integral part of the learning process, students will be asked to record themselves speaking and to submit their recording to the teacher each week.
Families purchase the following required supplies:
- De Colores and Other Latin American Folksongs for Children
- Spanish for Kids Set 1 (fall semester; one per family)
- Spanish for Kids Set 2 (spring semester; one per family)
- A small (0.5″) dedicated class binder (such as this one)
- Pencils and erasers in a pencil pouch
- Safety scissors
Note: All Form 1 Spanish classes (Form 1-a, 1-b, and 1-c classes) will be using the same materials, and siblings may share copies.