Combining interactive and conversation-driven learning with traditional grammar and vocabulary instruction, this course will help students in their journey to speak Spanish fluently. Students will work through Breaking the Spanish Barrier, a curriculum that engages students through a variety of activities and techniques. They will also accelerate their conversational skills and mastery using Look, I Can Talk from TPRS.
In order to gain mastery and grow toward fluency, students will be expected to complete work outside of class each week including listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities. As an integral part of the learning process, students will be asked to record themselves speaking and to submit their recording to the teacher each week.
All Spanish 2 & 3 families must purchase the following required supplies:
- TPRS Spanish 1 & 2 Look, I Can Talk Student Text
- TPRS Berto y sus buenas ideas book (physical copy)
- Notebook, pencils, colored pencils, and erasers in a pencil pouch.
Spanish 2: Students entering their second year of Spanish at BHSC must also have the following parent-purchased supplies:
- Breaking the Spanish Barrier Level 1 Student Book with online access code:
- Recommended: Breaking the Spanish Barrier Level 1 Answer Key
Spanish 3: Students entering their third year of Spanish at BHSC must also have the following parent-purchased supplies:
- Breaking the Spanish Barrier Level 2 Student Book with online access code:
- Recommended: Breaking the Spanish Barrier Level 2 Answer Key